Join Covent Garden Dragon Hall Staff Team
Support Worker (Part-Time) for the Over 55s
Weds – 9am to 4pm
Thurs – 9am to 4pm
Fri – 9am to 4pm
Some evening and weekend hours will be necessary as dictated by activities and events programmed. When needed the core hours will be adjusted.
Temporary Fixed Term Contract – 12 months (possible continuation of 12 months depending on funding)
To start as soon as possible
Main purpose & scope of the Post
- To support the development and delivery of older people’s community activities and support services by working with the Dragon Hall Trust Community Development Manager and the local community to create a vibrant blend of activities that meet the needs of local older people.
- To deliver specific projects, programmes and services in accordance with Dragon Hall’s policies and procedures in different delivery venues in Covent Garden & Holborn and in other locations depending on partnerships
- To safeguard the welfare of vulnerable adults who access Dragon Hall’s Over 55s provision.
Payment: £19,747 – £20,020 per year pro-rata for 18 – 21 hours
Annual Leave: Pro-rata 20 days plus bank holidays
We are looking for an enthusiastic part-time worker to support our Community Development Manager in the delivery of activities, events and support projects for the Over 55s.
- You will have demonstrable hands-on experience of delivering and promoting activities and services to improve people’s health and well-being and community connections.
- You will relish overcoming challenges and making the most of opportunities, and enjoy one-to-one work with older people. Good all-round computer skills are essential, the ability to quickly learn new systems, maximise the benefits and to train other people if needed.
- You will have good writing and reporting skills.
- You will have an eye for detail, a flexible attitude and enjoy supporting older people on trips to gardens, theatre, galleries, concerts and canal trips etc.
- You will have experience in maintaining relationships with other service providers, partner organisations and volunteers, and will also have the ability to be active on social media.
How to apply for this position:
Please send your CV and a covering letter highlighting your experience and skills relevant to this position.
Please send your CV & Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Applications: 24th July 2021, 11.30pm.